You can generate email reports for any Saved Exploration or Dashboard in Glean.
- How to send an email report
- Scheduling email reports
- What happens when reports fail
- Managing scheduled reports
- Go to the Saved Exploration or Dashboard you want to share.
- Click the Share button on the top right.
- Pick Send as Email from the dropdown.
When sending an email report:
- Specify a Subject of the report.
- Add the Email Addresses you want to send to. You can email a report to up to 25 recipients.
- Write an optional Message if you want. This will be included in the body of the email.
For Saved Explorations, you have a couple of extra options:
- Include chart image: This puts a picture of the chart in the email.
- Include underlying data: This attaches the data as a
.csvfile. You can include up to 100,000 rows.
For Dashboards, the email always includes a full-length image of the dashboard.
You can configure recurring email reports to be generated on a schedule by selecting Schedule recurring report at the bottom of the Share as Email form and then clicking Set Schedule.
On the next page, you can configure your report schedule:
- Choose when you want the report sent:
- Pick the time you want it sent at (all times are in Eastern Time).
If there's a problem and data doesn't load:
- The email report won't be sent.
- An alert email is sent to the person who set up the report, letting them know there was a problem.
To check or change scheduled reports:
- Click your project name at the top of the sidebar.
- Go to Scheduled Reports (opens in a new tab).
From there, you can edit or delete the reports you've scheduled.